Grains, vegetables, fruits, low-fat milk, lean meat & beans, and hearty-healthy fats are all part of a healthy eating plan. Try to keep your food intake, and especially carbohydrate intake, consistent at each meal from day-to-day.
To help you live a healthy and hopefully a longer life you can consult the Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion, an organization of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, that is here to help promote the nutrition and well-being of Americans. Toward this goal, the Center focuses its efforts on two primary objectives:
- Advance and promote dietary guidance for all Americans, and
- Conduct applied research and analyses in nutrition and consumer economics.
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- MyPyramid Food Guidance System
- Healthy Eating Index
- U.S. Food Plans
- Nutrient Content of the U.S. Food Supply
- Expenditures on Children by Families